This site uses cookies to deliver our services and to show you relevant ads and presentations. By clicking on "Accept", you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy , Privacy Policy , and our Terms of Use.
X

Download Esophageal Cancer - Wikispaces PowerPoint Presentation


Login   OR  Register
X


Iframe embed code :



Presentation url :

X

Description :

Available Esophageal Cancer - Wikispaces powerpoint presentation for free download which is uploaded by honey an active user in belonging ppt presentation Health & Wellness category.

Tags :

Esophageal Cancer - Wikispaces

Home / Health & Wellness / Health & Wellness Presentations / Esophageal Cancer - Wikispaces PowerPoint Presentation

Esophageal Cancer - Wikispaces PowerPoint Presentation

Ppt Presentation Embed Code   Zoom Ppt Presentation

About This Presentation


Description : Available Esophageal Cancer - Wikispaces powerpoint presentation for free download which is uploaded... Read More

Tags : Esophageal Cancer - Wikispaces

Published on : Feb 24, 2014
Views : 475 | Downloads : 0


Download Now

Share on Social Media

             

PowerPoint is the world's most popular presentation software which can let you create professional Esophageal Cancer - Wikispaces powerpoint presentation easily and in no time. This helps you give your presentation on Esophageal Cancer - Wikispaces in a conference, a school lecture, a business proposal, in a webinar and business and professional representations.

The uploader spent his/her valuable time to create this Esophageal Cancer - Wikispaces powerpoint presentation slides, to share his/her useful content with the world. This ppt presentation uploaded by slidesfinder in this Health & Wellness category is available for free download,and can be used according to your industries like finance, marketing, education, health and many more.

SlidesFinder.com provides a platform to marketers, presenters and educationists along with being the preferred search engine for professional PowerPoint presentations on the Internet to upload their Esophageal Cancer - Wikispaces ppt presentation slides to help them BUILD THEIR CROWD!!

User Presentation
Related Presentation
Free PowerPoint Templates
Slide 1 - Esophageal Cancer By Caitlin Feeney January 5, 2010
Slide 2 - Esophageal Cancer Seventh leading cause of cancer-related deaths in the United States Two main types make up 90% of esophageal cancer cases: Adenocarcinoma Squamous Cell Carcinoma Remaining 10%- melanoma, sarcoma, small cell carcinoma, and lymphoma
Slide 3 - Adenocarcinoma Adenocarcinoma is the most common form of esophageal cancer in the U.S. Occurs in the distal esophagus and gastroesophageal junction Usually caused by Barrett’s esophagus Which is in turn caused by chronic Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) Can also be caused by obesity
Slide 4 - Squamous Cell Carcinoma Squamous cell carcinoma is the most common cause of esophageal cancer worldwide Caused by smoking, alcohol consumption, diet, etc… Located in the upper esophagus
Slide 5 - Symptoms The most telling symptom is dysphagia but others include: Coughing Regurgitation Odynophagia Weight loss Gastrointestinal bleeding
Slide 6 - Metastasis Esophageal cancer is most likely to metastasize to: The lungs Liver Periesophageal lymph nodes Metastasis: The spread of cancer to other parts of the body
Slide 7 - Treatment Treatment methods include: Surgery Radiation Chemotherapy The treatment method depends on location, metastasis, and organs it has spread to Patients are urged to participate in clinical trials
Slide 8 - Prevention Prevention of Squamous Cell Carcinoma: Avoid smoking Limit alcohol consumption Avoid things that may irritate esophagus Prevention of Adenocarcinoma: If patient has GERD, screen regularly for Barrett’s esophagus HPV can contribute, practice safe sex
Slide 9 - Demographics People are 20 times as likely to develop esophageal cancer if older than 65 Worldwide: increased occurrence in N. Iran, S. Russia, and N. China In US: Race: African Americans more likely Sex: Men develop esophageal cancer more than women at a ratio of 4:1